I had the pleasure of meeting Meagan a few years ago for her sister Krystals wedding in Abbotsford. Meagan had remembered me and booked me for her Summer 2015 Wedding. Meagan is your fun, bubbly, funny and very professional business owner. Did I mentioned she is the Principle Owner of Sea to Sky Weddings and Events ? We love connecting with other wedding vendors in the City so this was perfect for everyone. Meagan had chosen to do her makeup trial on the same day as her engagement shoot with Fortune Hill Photography and we couldn’t be more happier with the pictures. Vanessa captured Meagan and Justin in Stanley Park and the pictures looked amazing. On the morning of the wedding we got Meagan and her Bridal party makeup ready at the Riverrock while her ceremony and reception ended up being at the Hycroft Mansion ( Gorgeous Venue ). Here are a few sneak peeks of their wedding and we look forward to working with Sea to Sky Weddings and Events in the next Wedding Season!
Its that time of Year again for those yearly Beauty Reviews, I gotta admit I tried so many products this year that my place is a hoarders dream! haha. If anyone is looking for some beauty products let me know and I’ll be happy to let you browse and of course take some home! =) My house literally has stuff in every room that Ive been keeping around.
- First lets start with Skin Care!, As you might of read in my previous post a few months ago, I had stopped by Avante Laser in Burnaby in the Summer for a Hydrafacial. These are like the ” carpet cleaning” for the skin as Sandi says. I loved it when she did mine and now speaking of which I am overdue for one soon. If you have a special event wether it be your wedding or a Holiday Party I strongly suggest getting a Hydrafacial done a week before to make sure you are looking on point!
2. My 2nd favourite product of 2015 has to be Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks. Yes there are so many brands that have “long lasting” lip sticks but Kat Von Ds in my opinion is one of the best. They are drying, non sticking and lasts all day. I love my long wearing lipsticks as they are usually very pigmented, lasts all day and require mininum touch ups. Kat Von D long wear lipsticks also come in many different colours from nude to extremely bold =). For they price they are a must for all Season Wear
3) Oribe ( Or-Bay, O-Ree-Bay, Orb) Whatever you call it this is the Lexus of the Hair World. A Luxury brand ( hefty price tag but worth it) that delivers amazing results with their products. I am one of the biggest fans of the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, it gives my hair the Ooomph in a can. Spray at the roots and it gives you the volume and texture you are looking for. There are a few ” volume root” sprays in the market but this one knocks it out of the park by far. A little bit goes a long way too! I’m addicted to this stuff and this is a must for Boudoir/ Messy Bedroom hair as well;)
4) This year was the Year of Mink Lashes for me, I have always been a false lashes kind of gal but never tried Mink Lashes. There are so many different brand of Mink Lashes however the one I started using on Brides and for personal use was Merlot Lash Bar. They are ultra light, super fluffy and so easy to apply. I love how they have 3 Collections ( just like wine), White, Reds and the Bubbly Collection. My all time favourite pair has got to be Sweet Red and Pinot Noir although I would love to try the Rose from the Bubbly Collection next time!
5) Lastly my favourite product of 2015 has got to be Deodorant Cream from Living Simple. At first when I got this I knew it was going to be something I had to get used to. It is a cream that you rub under your arms instead of a anti persperiant/ deodorant stick. A little bit goes along way and it smells oh so good!. Forget about the artificial ” Artic Air ” or “Rose Blossom” scents you regular deodorant has, Living Simple has Natural Scents from Essential Oils that make it smell wonderful. I have been a fan of the ” Peppermint Tea Tree Oil” which is one of their best sellers.
Hope that you enjoyed this! Which products were you top 5 this year? did they make this list as well?
There are so many different types of ” black eye liners” from pencil, to kohl, gel pot, liquid, felt and even shadow. I recently went into Sephora and tried a felt black eye liner and absolutely fell in love with it. I used to use the Stila All Day Water Proof Liner however it was not water proof at all. Within about 4 hours I looked like a I had a bad smokey eye :(. I also had tried the Kat Von D felt liner in ” trooper” however I felt that it too “wet” for me and did not try fast enough. Lone and behold last week I picked up the ” Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Precision long wear liquid eye liner” (thumbs up for being Cruelty Free and paraben free too). It claims it is long wearing and you can achieve a crisp line with the tip. I absolutely love this product, it drys super fast, the felt is at a point and not at a angle and definitely is long wearing. It lasted me all evening and this will be my go to for a while. A little Pro tip for you; Apply a primer as a base to increase the longevity of it =) Hope you enjoy! I have also provide a few step by step tutorial I found online that you can use the liner for ~
Weddings come in all different themes and styles, some like it low key, some like it traditional with a classic setting. Some like it outdoors with the beautiful scenery of British Columbia. We (Myself, Cathy and Serina) had the pleasure of traveling along the Sea to Sky highway to style Jen and her Bridesmaids for their outdoor Wedding a few months ago. The drive was early but boy was it beautiful. Jen and Ian had their ceremony on top the Sea to Sky Gondola Look out. Their guests rode the Gondola up and enjoyed the spectacular view. Jen and Ian hired Michael Stanton of Stantons Photography to takes these breath taking pictures of the wedding day. It was definitely a day to remember!. We wish them both all the happiness in the world =)
ProTip Mondays: Feeling shiny or looking too much like a disco ball? Apply a little bit of Nanoblur with a sponge on your t zone area to reduce shine. I love this as a alternative to powder or blotting papers. Nanoblur can also be used underneath makeup to minimize pores and fine lines, Double Win =) You can purchase this at Shoppers Drug Mart. A little bit goes a long way and I love how you can use it before AND after makeup! Woo hoo! This is a must have for Brides during the Hot Summer Season. I recommend everyone carry this in their makeup/touch up bag for those days where you want some extra love 😉
Its that time of year again, Holiday Shopping for friends, family and that significant other. As mentioned in a few posts ago we are going to be blogging about Holiday Gift Ideas for the next few weeks. Today we will focus on Gift Sets. I am a big fan of Gift Sets as you get a bit of everything in sample sizes to see if you really like the product. The prices are generally pretty reasonable the packaging is always so adorable. Here are a few ideas if you are stuck at the moment.
1) As a makeup and lipbalm addict, my first one is a must have and a great gift option. Nude Lip Lovers Mini Kissing Trio from Fresh. The set contains 3 0.08G Lip tints in ( Nude, Honey and Rose). It costs $ 33 ( Valued at $40). Great for all makeup lovers ( just starting out or the Pros 😉 ) I love these lip tints as it just gives you just enough colour on your lips. Available at Sephora, dont forget to sign up to be a Beauty Insider for perks year round 😉
2)Give the Gift of Red Carpet Skin, The Worlds # 1 Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury ( Who recently just won the Makeup Artist award). Her products are absolutely amazing ( a bit on the pricy side but the quality is impecable). The Red Carpet Skin Travel Kit is avalible online and contains all her secrets to that glowing skin which includes her famous Magic Cream, Wonderglow, Clay Mask, Take it all Off and Supermodel Body. This Gift is definitely for those Glowing Goddesses. Available online
3)Laura Mercier Masterclass Colour Essentials Collection. I have been a fan of Laura Mercier for years ago. She always come out with classic, sophisticated beauty items. As her line has focused on flawless face with amazing products for the eyes, lips and cheeks her Holiday Items never disappoint. This Gift Set has bit and peices of everything from eyes, cheeks lips and even double ended brushes. All in one Compact set. This is a must have =)
Now that Thanksgiving has passed and Halloween is just around the corner our next big Holiday is Christmas. Now for all your early Shoppers out there, we now have officially 71 days till Christmas. It will come just like that. I know some of you are looking for Great Gift Ideas for Friends/ Family, significant others etc. Every 2 weeks from now till Xmas I will be feature a New Gift Idea for those who are stuck. This week I have chosen the Body Care Line ” Living Simple”
Living Simple is a Vancouver based company ( husband and wife team) that specializes in Natural Ingredients in their products. They only use Ingredients they can pronounce with their products also being paraben, toxin, and chemical free. They currently have amazing products which range from body scrubs, moisturizers and even deodorant creams. Soon soap bars, tons and moisturizing oil with their signature scents will be added on in their menu I had the chance to try these products and I will say they live up to their hype.
Here are a few of my favourite products:
Lemongrass- Cedarwood Sugar Scrub.(Scent different from picture) One of the more popular scents in their catalogue. I loved using this in the shower and honestly loved how there was not a greasy artificial residue afterwards. It felt like a aromatherapy session in my shower. haha One of Living Simple Tips was to use the scrub before shaving. =). Will try that next time!. The sugar is super fine and definitely got rid of any dead skin cells without any effort. 2 Thumbs up for Smell and Results!
Peppermint-Tea Tree Deodorant Cream. (different from picture above) This is not a anti-perspirant but a deodorant. You will still sweat however with the cream you will actually not smell bad but instead smell fresh I love how this product can be uni sex as all know everyone out there sweats! I love how it came with a l little spatula! <3 My Peppermint Tree Deodorant Cream smells amazing, this is definitely a Stocking Stuffer Idea for me!
Grapefruit- Ylang Skin Moisturizer-. Okay so being a Beauty and Skin Care addict, this is where I put Living Simple to the test. I have a list of qualities I look for in a a moisturizer. One of them being non greasy, it has to feel light to the touch without making me look like Ive been at doing hot Yoga. I tried this moisturizer and applied it, as instructed ” little bit goes a long way”. Pro-Tip: If it feels greasy you have applied too much. Another A+ in my books!
There you have it, Living Simple Natural Products. Be sure to follow them on Instagram to stay up to date any on new products they come out with. Its great knowing there are small local companies out there who carry only 100% Natural Products. I can’t wait to try the other scents and products!
Stay tuned for next times Holiday Gift Ideas
September is here and we have no put away the Coral and Bright Pink lipsticks for Dark, Rich Vampy Lipticks. Dark lipsticks look great on any skin tone and are definitely a walking statement. Pair them up with a simple eye or make it grungy and edgy with a smokey eye. There are so many brands out there that make gorgeous lip products and its always so hard choosing which one. Here are my top 3 Vampy Lip Products. Which ones have you tried and did I miss one you absolutely love?
MAC DIVA is one of my all time favourite deep colours. On the site it says it is a “Intense Reddish Burgandy” with a matte finish. This is one of MACs Iconic Red. Definitely a show stopper if you ask me! Wear it on its own or pair it up with a matching lipgloss
Tom Ford Bruised Plum is a must have staple. A deep reddened plum with subtle pink, fuschia and ruby micro shimmer. This luxury lipstick goes on oh-so- smooth and gives you such a pigmented and opaque application. This lipstick is definitely worth its price tag.
A Revlon Cult Classic, “Black Cherry” is one of their most popular shades. A silky-smooth creamy texture that stays true to its colour and moisturizes your lips at the same time. I love how Revlon is affordable and can be purchased at the local drug store. Apply 2 coats for that perfect Fall Vampy Pout
As mention a few months ago in a previous blog post we visited Avante Laser in Burnaby. We had mentioned Sandi and her staff are amazing and her medi spa carries my favourite skin care line which happens to be ZO *2 thumbs up*. We recently caught up with Sandi again and had one of her signature Hydrafacials. Hydrafacials you may already hear of ( Seen the Kathryn the current “Bachelorette”?, she loves them and she also is a fan of ZO”). Hydrafacials are Sandi calls them is like a “carpet cleaning” for your face. Absolutely amazing!. When I had mine done I felt like I was in Heaven. This treatment is great for sensitive skin ( Brides this is your secret to glowing, radiant skin!), there is no down time and you will feel so refreshed and rejuvenated afterwards. I could not believe how different my face looked! Pores were diminished, fine lines were virtually next to done, blackheads gone!. At the end I even got to see what came out of my skin haha (note to self I need this treatment on a more regular basis haha).
HydraFacial Website says “HydraFacial MD® is a non-invasive, multistep treatment that combines the benefits of next-level hydradermabrasion, a chemical peel, automated painless extractions (no pinching!) and a special delivery of Antioxidants, Hyaluronic Acid and Peptides. It does all of this in one quick treatment that delivers real results without downtime or irritation.”
If you want glowing, healthy looking skin be sure to check out Avante Laser in Burnaby.
Its July 1st and its Canada Day. Today we celebrate the 148th Birthday of Canada. There are tons of activities going on around town. From food trucks, celebrations, festivals and of course Fireworks.! One thing we shouldn’t forget about is our Red Lipstick!. Here are my Top 3 LIPSTICKS that are great on all skin tons!
MAC COSMETICS RUBY WOO
STILA COSMETICS LIQUID LIPSTICK IN BESO
MAKEUP FOREVER ARTIST ROUGE IN #41